Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Breakfast pizza + celery

I have a two projects waiting in the wings, but due to an unfortunate photo mishap in which I didn't transfer a few of the images I need to complete the posts, those will have to wait. Instead, I bring you a recent recipe attempt and a pickled celery preparation.

This is the pizza attempt. I found in Parade in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago, and both the husband and I decided it looked good. There were red onions, roasted red peppers, olives, parmesan, and eggs. We weren't too impressed though. I don't know if it was the egg or the way-too-fiery chiles that he decided to put on his half (most of which ended up being picked off), but we won't be making it again.


On to the pickled celery, which was delicious. Think garnish for egg salad, regular salad, etc. Smitten Kitchen was, as is often the case, my source for this, but I used rice vinegar instead of the white wine variety because that's what I had. Dissolve 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 2 tablespoons each vinegar and water, then add a finely minced stalk of celery and allow it to refrigerate for an hour. Then make sure to take a picture because the light coming in from outside is lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment