Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rhubarb fizz + an update

First, I have an announcement. Half (the more absent one, ahem) of Slainte has flown the Minnesota coop. Kileen is currently on her way to the Southwest, where she's going to live for the foreseeable future. Her new charge is to bring the best in Midwest/Southwest fusion to this blog.

What better way to toast Kileen's future in the land of blazing sun and cacti than with a cool, fizzy drink?



My rhubarb syrup (recipe here) isn't exactly the lovely ruby-pink color I was envisioning. It looks more orange than anything, but here on Slainte, we don't judge solely on appearances. What matters is that this vanilla-rhubarb simple syrup makes a light yet satisfying flavor for a homemade soda.

Let's all raise a glass for Kileen. I am sure you'll join me in wishing her all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment