Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yeasted waffles

Marion Cunningham's yeasted waffles have been in the back of my mind for quite some time. Though, for whatever reason, I always default to the Oh Boy! Waffles recipe from the often-used red-and-white-checkered cookbook of my childhood.
 
These aren't called Oh Boy! Waffles, but I'm sure that "oh boy!" was at least one of the descriptive phrases I used when I took the first waffle out of the iron and put it in my mouth. These are crisp on the outside, ultra light and air-pocketed on the inside. I usually am content to eat my waffles plain, maybe spread with butter. While I had my fair share of these plain, the minimal sugar content meant they were especially perfect with butter and a maple syrup drizzle.
 

Speaking of raised waffles, the Tuesday after I made these, I discovered that Smitten Kitchen and I were on the same brain wave. It made me almost as happy as these waffles did. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment