Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rhubarb cream cheese hand pies

It's been a few months since I made these delectable little pockets of rhubarb and cream cheese, but since I took the pictures on my sister's iPhone, I didn't see them again until I remembered weeks later that I needed to ask for them. 
Smitten Kitchen has a perfect track record with me, and these hand pies continue the streak. I saw the photos posted on her Flickr account, but was agonizing at the end of the day that there was no. recipe. posted. and I had to make the pie dough a day ahead of time. So I went with the classic all-butter crust on her site.
Of course, it ended up being the wrong crust, but these were delicious anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I can't even look. They are so beautiful. I miss rhubarb. Dear, sweet Midwest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo good! Maybe I should just make food all day!

    xo,Elyse

    ReplyDelete